Welcome to our Food Vlog where today we are cooking up delicious and easy Crème Brûlées with Lucy-Jo.
Lucy is a Vegan recipe developer who has a passion for cooking and Instagramming her inspired dishes. With her knowledge and skill, she continues to strive and make beautiful mouth-watering recipes of her own as well as some popular traditional ones from famous chefs around the world.
This mouth-watering dessert is a great after treat for large family gatherings and so simple to make.
Lucy-Jo films this recipe in our showroom in Bishop’s Stortford, showcasing our beautiful range of handmade kitchens and the magnificent Sub-Zero Wolf appliances.
Crème Brûlée Ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 500ml double cream
- 100g caster sugar (plus extra for the topping)
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp of vanilla bean extract
- Separate the egg whites and pour into a large mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the 100g of caster sugar to the egg whites and whisk again to a thick mixture.
- Then pour in the 500ml of double cream.
- Whisk all three ingredients to combine it all together.
- Add 1tsp of vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a measuring jug to avoid spillages when pouring into the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a tray and add boiling water (fill so the ramekins are half in, half out of the water) (Cook in a bain-marie to stop the eggs curdling and going like scrambled egg)
- Pour the creamy mixture into each ramekin.
- Pop into the preheated oven and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Make sure they have a wobble and a little skin on top (this will tell you that they are perfect)
- Leave to cool completely for about 40 minutes before the next step.
- Sprinkle a thick coat of sugar on each of the cooked Crème Brûlées – be super generous with the sugar.
- Apply a low heat from the blowtorch to caramelise the sugar.
- Leave to cool for about 2 minutes before tucking in!
To cook the Crème Brûlées we used the Wolf Dual Fuel Range With Chargrill And Griddle – ICBDF484CG. A Wolf Dual Fuel Range delivers the best of both worlds. This one in particular features a powerful 5.6kW gas chargrill and versatile 5.6kW griddle/teppanyaki along with four dual-stacked sealed gas burners.
It consists of the Dual Convection which is a Wolf innovation. Experience consistency and precision you never knew existed with this excellent piece of equipment. Wolf’s smart technology uses 2 fans and multiple heating elements to precisely control the heat and airflow, producing a more uniformed temperature.
To get instant hot water we used the Perrin & Rowe Instant Boiling Hot Water tap. Which is up and running in our showroom.
Perrin & Rowe were formed in 1978, where they achieved a sustained level of growth and innovation that only a few other British companies can claim. They took the world by storm with their developments in water filtration and product design, and in 1993 was where it all began with the Kitchen tap Collection.
We have completed a tasting session of the Crème Brûlées and in Lucy-Jo’s own words it’s the exact consistency we wanted and also tastes very good!
Thumbs up from Lucy!
Watch this space for more recipes from our Food Vlog…
If you would like to know more on Sub-Zero Wolf products and a bespoke handmade kitchen contact us today – we look forward to hearing from you.