Traditional, beautiful and practical Butler Sinks by Shaws of Darwen
1897 is where it all began for Shaws of Darwen. They had a vision to make the finest handcrafted fireclay sinks in the whole of England, and some 120 years on, the vision has come to life worldwide for the reputation of beauty, quality, craftsmanship and sheer practicality of the unique artisan products they design.
Here at Nicholas Bridger we are proud to be suppliers of Shaws of Darwen sinks, and our hand-selected range is simply stunning. They are made from a traditional heavy duty fireclay construction which is a unique blend from South West England and France. The clay is still mixed and poured by hand before being coated in a hard-wearing glaze and firing the sink over 1200 degrees Celsius.
Shaws of Darwen Sinks Collections
A sink from the Original Collection will make the perfect, iconic focal point for any traditional styled kitchen.
- EGERTON – the Egerton is a beautifully handcrafted double bowl sink complete with a unique patterned front.
- ENTWISTLE – the large, single bowl that makes up the Entwistle has been designed with a unique patterned front for a different look.
- EDGWORTH – the Edgworth sink is a substantial, plain fronted, double bowl sink, perfect for a traditional kitchen.
- RIBCHESTER – the Ribchester is an iconic, double bowl sink with a central dividing wall.
- BOWLAND – the Bowland is a beautifully crafted, iconic single bowl sink with a distinctive fluted front.
- RIBBLESDALE – the Ribblesdale is beautifully handcrafted and is the ideal choice for a stylish sink with a traditional look.
- LONGRIDGE – With its built in-fluted drainer, the Longridge is the perfect combination of beautiful design and practicality.
A sink from the Contemporary Collection will add timeless character and personality to the most contemporary of rooms. They are inspired by the style of a modern kitchen with cleaner lines and tighter corners to perfectly suit.
- BELFAST– this sink is very popular, stunning elegant design which is iconic that is suitable for many styles of home, kitchen or utility room.
- PENDLE– Based on the iconic and timeless Belfast design, this sink offers slimmer walls for a more contemporary look.
- BUTLER– the Butler sink has graced the world’s finest homes for over a century with its timeless, practical and beautiful design. Ideal for modern or traditional looking kitchens.
- BUTLER 1000– the Butler 1000 is a large single bowl that adds a touch of elegance to any kitchen.
- WATERSIDE– the Waterside is an elegant alternative to the timeless Belfast sink. It is designed with a bow front creating a spacious bowl.
- WHITEHALL– a stylish and practical Butler sink, that offers a deep and generous sink that’s designed for laminate worktops and easy installation.
- DOUBLE BOWL– this double bowl is the perfect choice for a multi-purpose sink, balancing style and practicality.
- SHAKER SINGLE– this sink provides a deep bowl and sharp lines that is extremely versatile and adds a touch of elegance to any kitchen.
- SHAKER DOUBLE– the Shaker Double sink adds a touch of elegance to any kitchen and perfect for both modern and traditional kitchens.
- BABY BELFAST– just like the traditional Belfast sink design, this sink is smaller and more compact ideal for use as a laundry or utility sink.
- WALL MOUNTED– The Wall Mounted sink has been handcrafted to withstand heavy use which is practical, durable and perfectly suited in a utility room.
Shaws of Darwen in some of our projects
Below in our Hutton project, the Classic Shaker Style has been built to complement an industrial look, with exposed brickwork and stainless steel features. We added a Shaws Ceramic Double Butler Sink to this kitchen space to add a real opportunity of luxury, durability, functionality and safety that’s built to last. With Shaws sinks being an industrial design since the 1800s, it certainly was a perfect choice for this hub of the home. Met with Perrin & Rowe taps the sink area is a practical design and a highly efficient work space.
Below in our Epping project, the Classic Shaker Style has been built and designed around our professional chef client, who has an eye for detail and knows an efficient working area. Our client specified the best appliances available and chose the 900mm Double Butler sink by Shaws to fit perfectly in to the Quartz worktop and other areas of the kitchen space. The sink is met with Perrin & Rowe taps to create a timeless, practical and beautiful design in this stunning traditional home.
Below in our Peterborough project, our Classic Shaker Style is filled with the most beautiful of sinks the Double Butler Bowl Sink by Shaws. This space has been created to fulfill a versatile cooking and entertaining space with all the appliances within easy reach. The traditional and multi-functional sink is deep and generous, and is met with a Perrin & Rowe tap that makes the prep area an enjoyable place to work as well as a work of art. Our client can look out of their window while at the sink and see their beautiful garden, now how’s that for a view!
At Nicholas Bridger we pride ourselves in supplying finest quality features to the hub of the home such as sinks from Shaws of Darwen. Get in touch today to find out more, and how we could design this into your project- we look forward to hearing from you.